The Barracuda Swim Team Is Back!
We are so excited to be able to once again have a summer swim team season! Our summer swim team program is an opportunity for kids to build their swim skills in a fun outdoor atmosphere with some friendly competition. The swim team is for swimmers who are 18 and younger who are not in college yet and who can pass the Basic Swimmer’s Test. We will be having regular season practices and five dual meets. As of now, the only thing we won’t be able to do is have a formal championship meet to end the season. Our swim league (the UCOSL) is still meeting and discussing options for that.
- SWIM TEAM EVALUATIONS – SUNDAY JUNE 6, 2021
9:00am for ages 8 and under and 9:30am for ages 9 and older
- These evaluations are for anyone who has NOT been on the swim team before. The coaches and I will be there to assess the swimmer’s readiness for swim team. We do not focus on any timing requirements or stroke ability but we do assess the swimmer’s ability to swim independently and have a basic front stroke.
- SWIM TEAM SIGN UPS and PARENT MEETING – SUNDAY JUNE 13, 2021 4:00pm
- Please come out and learn about the swim team, swim meets and parent involvement! A detailed calendar and coaches information will be available then. Registration opens after the parent meeting.
- SWIM TEAM PRACTICES
- We will begin after school pre-season swim team practices on June 14.
- The practices will be held between 4:00-6:00pm. Your swimmer will have a 45 minute practice time based on their age group (to be determined). While we understand there are still many other sports commitments and end of year activities, we like to get the kids in the water as soon as possible.
- These after school practices will run from June 14-17 and June 21-22
- REGULAR SEASON PRACTICES BEGIN Friday June 25, 2021 and END July 30, 2021
- Our regular season practices will be WEEKDAY MORNINGS, Monday through Friday, between 9-11:30am determined by age group
- We do offer EVENING practices 3 days a week – Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from approximately 5:30-7:00pm (exact times to be determined by ages and number of swimmers) for swimmers who cannot be at the morning practices?
- We will have 5 swim meets either at Willow Grove or at our local league swim clubs. The dates of the swim meets are as follows: July 10, July 17, July 21 and July 24. The date for our meet against Highland has yet to be determined – possibly July 19 or July 26. Parents are required to volunteer for at least 3 meets (we will go over the swim meet jobs/duties at the parent meeting)
- We are in need of OFFICIALS! We cannot run meets without officials. A basic knowledge of swimming is all that is needed and a one time training session is given for free! Please consider becoming an official – the training will be held Monday June 28, 2021 in the evening (approx. 7:30pm)
- End of season celebration will be Saturday July 31 at 12noon
- The cost of the swim team is $45 per swimmer for Bonded members and $55 per swimmer for Seasonal members – each child will receive a team gift
- A team suit is not required but is available through Metro Swim Shop – we will have an online purchase portal available and you can also visit their store at 1221 Valley Road, Stirling, NJ (mention Willow Grove). We recommend each swimmer have a competitive style swimsuit, a swim cap and fitted goggles for practices and meets
- We have WG Barracuda swim caps available for purchase at the pool for $10 each
If you have any questions at all please reach out to me, Cindy Rojek, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell 908-868-8199. I am happy to chat and give you any information you need!